Mukesh Khugsal lives by the motto – “I wonder, I see, I capture”
In his own words, he paints nature on film, and lets his portraits tell the stories behind them. Based out of New Delhi, and roots through Uttarakhand, mountains have always been Mukesh’s first love, and in his free time he goes on hiking expeditions and tries to capture almost everything that catches his fancy – be it animals, birds, flora or the special colors of nature; anything that inspires him.
The journey of reconnoitering the scenic landscapes, beautiful wildlife, and getting up close to the culture, which started with a Zenith in his early teens is still going strong. For him watching the world through the viewfinder, and painting the film with colours is a feeling that is difficult to describe in words, but is nothing short of rousing to say the least.
According to Mukesh, life is an inimitable gift of nature, the more you explore it, the more it astonishes you! And, with his camera he tries to capture the beauty of life, which is he feels is colourful even in black and white. He actively searches for these special moments in a busy city life, and paints them on his canvas, hoping to inspire others appreciate the unique gift of life.
An accomplished photographer, Mukesh’s work has been showcased at various exhibitions and he has won many accolades and appreciation during his ongoing journey as a photographer.
- Photo selected for Paris Exhibition (World Peace Summit 2015)
- Photo exhibitions at Habitat India, Mumbai; Mussori Writer Festival, Dehradun; Pursuit of Happiness, Delhi Photo Festival and photo published in the Times of India.
- Ongoing Project Nanda Devi
- Appreciation from National Geography editor David Paul for his monumental photography
- Abhivyakti Samman – 2014
- Photography award by Gangtok